Melinda Wellman at Via Roma Salon

Melinda Wellman at Via Roma Salon
Hair Stylist, Expert Colorist, Braziian Blowout Certified (858) 397-4293

Thursday, October 7, 2010

I HIGHLY RECCOMEND MELINDA- formerly of SALON DAVID PEREZ

10/5/2010
This review is long overdue.  I went to Melinda on a whim when she was in UTC in the David Perez Salon [she has since moved next door].  I got her by luck of the draw since I came at the last minute needing to get my hair cut and colored on a Friday and she was available with very little notice.  I have very dark brown hair that is a tiny bit wavy.  I wasn't sure what I wanted to do...was open for some direction.  She took SO much time listening to me and getting to know what I really did and did not like in terms of cuts and color and overall style.  I actually felt bad that I couldn't decide.  She was so patient with me and suggested a good idea that would allow me to change my long-term plan if I did not like it.

CUT - I came in after being butchered by another stylist on the cut, which she fixed without chopping off my length.  It was a complete 180.  She turned my style from looking like a thinned out stringy mess into a full head of luxurious hair again WITHOUT losing length...it was AMAZING.

COLOR - again, she did a great job with consulting with me, taking the time to do it right, etc....  couldn't have come out better.

BRAZILIAN - She was doing such a good job during my color and cut and I was having such a good conversation with her, that I took her up on a package price she worked out for me to include a Brazilian Blowout for the first time. [She did not push this on me, I inquired about it]. I wasn't sure if it was going to work on me since I had never done it and my hair is already pretty straight just a little wavy underneath.  MAN!  I am SO glad I tried it!!  I love it!!  It made my hair SO soft!!!  I can literally take a shower and not do anything with it and it falls soft and stick straight as it dries!  HEAVEN!!!

Melinda is a very, very nice and honest stylist and colorist.  She never pushed product on me, in fact offered alternative suggestions when I told her I did not want to pay too much for product!  I would highly recommend giving her a chance with your locks!  Unfortunately, I live in East County and need someone closer, but I am still writing this review for her because I DO recommend her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment